The inspiring image above is a spread from my upcoming picture book, ELIZABETH WARREN’S BIG, BOLD PLANS, illustrated by the amazing Susanna Chapman and releasing on May 5 (hooray!). These days, it often feels hard to conceive of big, bold plans. I’ll admit, some days just getting out of my pajamas feels like a victory. And for those of those parenting or teaching youngsters and attempting #AtHome learning for the first time? Hats off to you!
To try to help you with your big, bold plans–or even the just-getting-through-today plans–I’ve been working to create and assemble whatever materials I can that might be of assistance. I’ll continue to add to this list as I get more requests (feel free to reach out if there’s something specific you’d like!), ideas, and time. Hopefully, you can find access to the books via an online read-aloud, ebook download, independent bookstore, or your own bookshelves. I hope these resources are helpful for your #AtHome learning efforts!
- Author “read-aloud plus” now available by request! Please email me for details.
- Download the free Emmanuel’s Dream curriculum guide, which includes CCSS alignments, critical thinking discussion questions, and reproducible activity sheets.
- “Meet the Author” at TeachingBooks.net: Book Reading | Emmanuel’s Dream: The True Story of Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah.
- There’s a free reproducible crossword puzzle based on the book at TeachersPayTeachers.com.
- Check out related picture books for young changemakers on my Pinterest board.
- Video: The story behind the TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE stories
- Video: Introduction to TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE
- An Educator’s Guide to Support Information Literacy
- The Two Truths and a Lie: STEM Game and Research Activities
- A Two Truths and a Lie: It’s Alive! Word Search Puzzle
- Read my blog post on how to Empower kids and teens during COVID-19
- Download the FREE Be a Changemaker Workshops guide
- Watch the You Can Be a Changemaker video webinar.
- Watch the Be a Changemaker intro video.
- View or download the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) English Language Arts (ELA) Literacy strands and/or the full CCSS report here.
- Check out even more books for tween and teen changemakers on my Pinterest board
- Watch the author read-aloud video
- Download the free storytime and canine craft kit
- Watch the book trailer video
Again, my goals here are to be as helpful as possible for YOU to continue leading #AtHome learning, so please email me if there is anything specific I might be able to do, including ways to connect with your students. We’re all in this together, even while we’re apart. So, until we meet again, stay safe, #StayHome… and stay sane. xoxo