The big topic in the writing world this time of year is NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, in which aspiring writers are encouraged to churn out 50,000 words of rough draft in 30 days. It’s easy to get caught up in the hype, but after weeks of consideration and days of agonizing, I’ve finally decided NOT to do it this year. I’m extremely tempted to push myself to attempt something I’ve never done before (finish a novel)—I am very competitive and I do love a Continue reading →
I write for children and young adults, opening up hearts and minds and engaging both toward understanding and improving our complex world. Sometimes getting lost in a good book can be just the thing we need to finally find ourselves.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter!
- Summer 2015 roundup September 15, 2015
- Nonfiction Monday: Courage & Defiance blog tour and interview September 7, 2015
- Texas Book Festival 2015 authors announced! September 5, 2015
- Be a Changemaker wins COVR Book of the Year! August 12, 2015
- Radio Interview: Sister Jenna’s America Meditating August 10, 2015