A few days ago I signed (with my super-fancy pen–thanks Joni Sensel!) the official contract for my first book, to be published by Schwartz & Wade at Random House, and dropped it in the mailbox. Woohoo! What a fantastic feeling. Armed with the Authors Guild’s Model Trade Book Contract & Guide, I sat down to pick my way through the legalese if only to know that I had done my due diligence. Thanks to my super-awesome agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette, and the equally awesome Erin Murphy, there really wasn’t anything Continue reading →
I write for children and young adults, opening up hearts and minds and engaging both toward understanding and improving our complex world. Sometimes getting lost in a good book can be just the thing we need to finally find ourselves.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Authors LOVE Teachers, with a HUGE book #giveaway! February 14, 2015
- Fan mail for Emmanuel’s Dream January 12, 2015
- The Emmanuel’s Dream book launch party! January 8, 2015
- Be a Changemaker is a Cybils award finalist! January 1, 2015
- In which I make my podcast debut on The Artist Rolls! December 23, 2014