Author Jean Reidy‘s new picture book, LIGHT UP THE NIGHT (Hyperion, October 2011) was inspired by her connections to Uganda and its children, many of whom have been displace due to past civil war or orphaned by AIDS. To celebrate the release of the book and honor those children, she is holding an online auction to benefit literacy in Africa and a library at Musana Children’s Home in Iganga, Uganda.
There are all kinds of great items available including:
- signed books,
- manuscript critiques (including one by yours truly and other fabulous clients of Erin Murphy Literary Agency; another by my thoroughly wonderful agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette; and another from fab kidlit agent Erin Murphy),
- a chance to submit your manuscript to an editor at Bloomsbury,
- a one-hour author marketing consultation,
- personal social media strategy consultation,
- author visits,
- original art,
- handmade jewelry and other items, etc.
Find out how it all works and start placing your bids here. But hurry! The auction ends November 18, 2011.