WHY IS MILK WHITE? & 200 OTHER CURIOUS CHEMISTRY QUESTIONS by Alexa Coelho & Simon Quellen Field Chicago Review Press January 1, 2013 288 pages Did you (or any children in your life) ever wonder how soap works, why onions make you cry, or how bad it is for you to breathe in hairspray? 11-year-old Alexa Coelho did, so she pulled together these and almost 200 other questions about her favorite subject, chemistry, and asked science writer Simon Quellen Field to write up the answers. Continue reading →
I write for children and young adults, opening up hearts and minds and engaging both toward understanding and improving our complex world. Sometimes getting lost in a good book can be just the thing we need to finally find ourselves.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Fan mail for Emmanuel’s Dream January 12, 2015
- The Emmanuel’s Dream book launch party! January 8, 2015
- Be a Changemaker is a Cybils award finalist! January 1, 2015
- In which I make my podcast debut on The Artist Rolls! December 23, 2014
- Need a gift idea for a teen in your life? December 8, 2014