A few days ago I signed (with my super-fancy pen–thanks Joni Sensel!) the official contract for my first book, to be published by Schwartz & Wade at Random House, and dropped it in the mailbox. Woohoo! What a fantastic feeling. Armed with the Authors Guild’s Model Trade Book Contract & Guide, I sat down to pick my way through the legalese if only to know that I had done my due diligence. Thanks to my super-awesome agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette, and the equally awesome Erin Murphy, there really wasn’t anything Continue reading →
I write for children and young adults, opening up hearts and minds and engaging both toward understanding and improving our complex world. Sometimes getting lost in a good book can be just the thing we need to finally find ourselves.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Subscribe to my monthly newsletter!
- First Book selects Emmanuel’s Dream for #StoriesForAll June 14, 2015
- MY DOG IS THE BEST news and #giveaways! June 5, 2015
- Be a Changemaker wins a Crystal Kite Award! May 25, 2015
- The Emmanuel’s Dream blog tour wrap-up April 28, 2015
- How has volunteerism impacted you–what’s your story? April 12, 2015