Every story in these books are strange and astounding… but not all of them are real. Just like the old game in this book’s title, two out of every three stories are completely true, and one is an outright lie. Can you guess which? It’s not going to be easy! Some false stories are based on truth, and some of the true stories are just plain unbelievable. And they’re all accompanied by dozens of photos, maps, and illustrations. Amaze yourself and trick your friends as you sort out the fakes from the facts.
Did you know that there is a fungus that can control the mind of an ant and make it do its bidding? Would you believe there is such a thing as a corpse flower—a ten-foot-tall plant with a blossom that smells like a zombie? How about a species of octopus that doesn’t live in water but rather lurks in trees in the Pacific Northwest?Acclaimed authors Ammi-Joan Paquette and Laurie Ann Thompson have teamed up to create a series of sneaky stories about the natural world designed to amaze, disgust, and occasionally bamboozle you. (Walden Pond Press/HarperCollins, June 2017)
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- Booklist‘s Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017
- Winner of the 2017 CYBILS Award for Elementary/Middle Grade Non-Fiction
- 2017 Nerdy Book Club Award winner for the Best Long Form Nonfiction
- 2018 Texas Topaz Nonfiction Reading List
- Booklist‘s “Lasting Connections” for Science
* “Considering the fresh attention being paid to teaching a skeptical approach to information evaluation, this series opener couldn’t be better timed.” –Booklist (starred review)
“An engaging, entertaining compendium that will inform and confound. (photos, maps, bibliography, index)” –Kirkus Reviews
Resources for educators:
A Two Truths and a Lie: It’s Alive! Word Search Puzzle
ALA’s Two Truths and a Lie lesson plan by Jean Wolf Kirschenman in the AASL Learning4Life Lesson Plan Database
- Nonfiction Picture Book Wednesday – Two Truths and a Lie – It’s Alive! 5.31.17 by Michele Knott at Mrs. Knott’s Book Nook
- Can you tell the truth from a lie? by Maria Selke at Maria’s Melange
On the web:
TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE Cover Reveal by Mia Wenjen at Pragmatic Mom
Check out the TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE: IT’S ALIVE! blog tour here.
Click here to see posts about the book on my blog.
Where to Buy:
Already a Fan?
Reviews help others discover the book! Please consider leaving a review by clicking on any of the buttons below: